This is a Church of England Voluntary Aided School, providing education for boys and girls between the ages of 4 and 11.
Our School Vision and Values
Our School Vision is the ethos that we want for our school, so that all the members of our school can flourish and be the best that they can be.
At Newton Longville we aim to be a dynamic community of care where all are appreciated and respected, built on Christian values, in which everyone is encouraged, challenged and inspired.
It is a place where potential can be fulfilled and where everyone has the opportunity to be the person that they aspire to be.
- to provide a safe, happy, inspiring environment in which our children can become confident individuals who can positively face the successes and challenges of life
- to provide an education of the highest quality which ensures our children develop into successful learners, who can take their place in a constantly evolving world
- to ensure we all develop high standards; academically, socially, physically, and spiritually, within the context of the Christian faith
- to promote consideration of others, honesty and self-discipline showing that we are responsible citizens
- to celebrate all that we are and all that we can be
Our school’s distinctively Christian values are:
Compassion - caring and understanding others
Respect - for myself, for others, for truth and for difference
Aspiration - to be the very best I can be
Friendship - treating others as I would like to be treated
Thankfulness - through prayer, praise and giving
These are underpinned by universal values, which include those considered to be British values, of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith.